Friday, July 27, 2007

The First of Many (Hopefully)

I don't know if I'll keep this up but as I have a few 'medical' issues that I'm supposed to keep track off, I thought this might be a way to so it.

Firstly, some back ground.

I'm 38 yrs old.

I was discharged from the Royal Australian Navy, in September 2000, due to on going back pain. This was attributed to spinal surgery that I had in 1997, fusing my back from L3 - T12 in an effort to stop my spinal curvature from increasing.

Since my discharge I have participated in 4 rehabilitation programs and 2 return to work trials.

It during one of the work trials that I was diagnosed with Aspergers and OCD tendencies. The OCD comes out in my work ethic. When working, if something is there to be done, it has to be done. And I keep working until it is done. Not good when Drs advise pacing myself. I'm only supposed to sit for 20mins, stand for 10mins, not lift more than 3.5kg at a time etc.

I also have some guilt issues and tend to focus on the negative.

Recently, I have finished my latest rehab program and I'm trying to maintain my improvements.

During this program, I found that I didn't 'beat' myself up so much about what I wasn't doing, when I kept track of what I WAS doing. I plan on using this blog to do that. I'll put everything on here, housework, stitching, exercise.

So with that in mind here is what I have done today.
1 x load of washing
All outstanding ironing
1 x stretches

That's it for now. Hopefully, as time goes on I'll fill out my blog a bit with pictures and links and lists. I'll probably use it to vent when the need arises as well. We'll just have to see.

Susan

No comments: